Tank Elevation Changes
When an existing water tank does not provide enough water pressure, there are several solutions: 1) buying a new tank with greater water pressure capacities, 2) integrating a booster pump, and 3) raising or lowering the existing tank.
While all three of these options resolve the issue, the first two options often cost significantly more time and money than the third option.
At Pittsburg Tank & Tower Group (PTTG), we specialize in the design, manufacture, and maintenance of tanks, towers, and their support systems. One of our core service offerings is water storage tank elevation modification.
Water Storage Tank Elevation Modifications
The tank and tower experts at PTTG offer a broad selection of water storage tank elevation modification options to accommodate a wide range of customer needs. Our modification capabilities include:
- Tank raising. This modification allows existing tanks to provide better water pressure without the integration of a booster pump.
- Tank lowering. This modification enables tank owners to maximize the effectiveness of an existing tank.
- Tank relocation. This modification serves as a fast, flexible, and cost-effective alternative to new tank construction.
The objective of all of these processes is to improve or enhance the performance of the existing tank to suit the facility’s current water pressure needs. Compared to investing in new water storage equipment, these options come with much lower investment costs.
They do not require the purchasing of additional land, the building of new foundations or complete structures, or the destruction of existing structures, all of which cost time and money. Additionally, they generally have a smaller impact on service since completing the modification takes less time than is needed to build a new tank from scratch.
If you’re unsure of whether you should modify your existing tank or build a new one, our experts are here to help. Our engineering department will perform feasibility studies to determine the scope of the project, including whether the existing foundation needs modifications. The results of the study also show which modification option is the most practical and cost-effective.
Why Partner With PTTG for Water Storage Tank Elevation Changes?
At Pittsburg Tank & Tower Group, we offer water storage tank elevation modifications for ground and elevated tanks. Whether you need tank raising, lowering, or relocating assistance, we can help you modify your existing tank to better suit your current water pressure requirements. By partnering with us, you benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. Over the years, we’ve raised, lowered, and relocated hundreds of tanks across the United States. This experience provides us with the knowledge and skills to accommodate virtually any request for water storage tank elevation changes.
- Innovative mentality. Our pioneering spirit has led to develop processes that allow us to raise, lower, and relocate tanks with capacities up to 5,000,000 gallons.
- Superior service. Our customer service team is fully committed to providing you with a solution that meets and/or exceeds your expectations. Once we’ve determined the appropriate solution, our highly skilled and trained engineering and construction teams work diligently to ensure your tank fits your specifications and standards.
Here’s a list of past projects and specific case study information can be provided by contacting a member of our team.
- MD: Raised two 1,000,000-gallon tanks by 11 feet
- OH: Raised one 300,000 gallon tank by 11 feet and one 1,000,000 gallon tank by 18 feet
- WI: Raised a 200,000-gallon tank by 30 feet
- TX: Raised a 200,000-gallon tank by 46.2 feet
- OH: Raised a 500,000-gallon tank by 30 feet
- MS: Raised two 500,000-gallon tanks by 35 feet
- MO: Raised a 250,000-gallon tank by 14 feet
- IN: Raised a 500,000-gallon tank by 11 feet
- IN: Raised a 500,000-gallon and a 1,000,000-gallon water tank by 35 feet
- SC: Raised a 300,000-gallon tank by 25 feet
To discuss your tank elevation needs or pricing details with one of our experts, contact us today.